Telemedicine - Healing Touch through Technology
Telemedicine has revolutionized the present generation healthcare delivery system by exchanging medical information between two clinical locations for enhancing the medical expertise between the hospitals for better diagnosis, treatment and educational services so that we can reach to distant part of our country with better treatment approach.
The World Health Organization defines Telemedicine as, "The delivery of healthcare services, where distance is a critical factor, by all healthcare professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation, and for the continuing education of healthcare providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities". The concept of telemedicine would thus include:Tele health
use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care, patient and professional health-related education and training, public health and health administration;Tele consultation
Use of information and communications technology to enable clinical consultation between geographically separated individuals such as health care professionals and their patients;Tele monitoring
- A real time and live interactive monitoring (evaluation) of technique(s) or procedure(s) of an applicant seeking procedures, or a surgeon seeking to certify or document his competence in a specific technique or procedure(s);Tele treatment
- Advice provided to the patient through another doctor using information and communications technology about the course of treatment to be taken;Tele diagnostics
- is the use of information and communications technologies to enable the diagnosis of a patient between geographically separated individuals.
A good example takes place between The Mission Hospital Super specialty clinics
and The Mission Hospital, Durgapur
- has better equipment and Super specialists to make diagnostic, management or treatment decisions for a patient who is located in the more remote area. The health personnel in the Mission Hospital Super specialty clinic can share everything from blood draws, to X-rays to other information about their patient. The doctor at the other end of the video or audio sharing can analyze the tests, talk to the patient or the doctor who is with the patient, and work together to make decisions.
The Information Technology Department of The Mission Hospital has setup the Free Telemedicine Program to serve the patient of some part of India for the betterment of health services in India.
An ideal facility of telemedicine and Telehealth is available in The Mission Hospital, Durgapur. The Hospital is intra & inter connected with its entire satellite super specialty clinic located at of the India in the name of
1. The Mission Hospital Asansol Clinic
2. The Mission Hospital Dhanbad Clinic
3. The Mission Hospital Siliguri Clinic
4. The Mission Hospital Gangtok Clinic The hospital has equipped with modern and advance technological support to reach the various needy patients across the India. The hospital is providing to have all the facility like ECG, ECHO, X-Ray and
other information about their patient. The doctor at the other end of the video or audio sharing can analyze the tests, talk to the patient or the doctor who is with the patient, and work together to make decisions.